Friday, March 30, 2007

All should fight for free speech


The great John Siegenthaler spoke briefly at the Center for Innovation in College Media in Nashville, Tenn. The man who fought for civil rights and continues to battle for freedom of expression said he wishes he could jump more into new media reporting.

�I�m in my 80th year, but I wish I were starting over,� Siegenthaler said. �There�s the chance to do so much with the written word that�s never been done before. I wish to hell I was your age � and not for the reasons you might think.�

Everybody needs to learn more about the Siegenthaler and the continued fight of all journalists (and citizens) for freedom of expression,. You can start by checking out the Freedom Forum and First Amendment Center site and by reading as much as you can on Sieganthaler.

(photo/Brian Poulter)


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment

!LIVE)) Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona 2020 Live Stream Online (58thRolex)

Watch⪻LIVE⪼ 24 Hours of Daytona 2020 FREE: (“Livestream”), TV channel>>>2020 !LIVE)) Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona 2020 Live Stream ...